Subject: 26.0.91; Error in Edebug when debugging inline-letevals

From: Gemini Lasswell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2018 11:47:18 -0700

Using Edebug on code containing inline-letevals produces an error.

To reproduce, enter the following code into *scratch*:

;;;  -*- lexical-binding: t -*-

(defvar my-count 0)
(defun my-number ()
  (setq my-count (1+ my-count))
  (message "my-count is %s" my-count)
  my-count)

(define-inline my-divisible-p (n)
  (inline-letevals (n)
    (inline-quote (or (eq 0 (% ,n 2)) (eq 0 (% ,n 3))))))

(defun my-func ()
  (message "the result is %s" (my-divisible-p (my-number))))

(my-func)

Then:

M-x edebug-all-defs RET
M-x eval-buffer RET
g g

Result: Args out of range: [20 48 59 70 71 72], 7

Instrumenting lisp/net/shr.el with Edebug produces a "Wrong type
argument consp, nil" error at the use of shr-char-kinsoku-bol-p which
also uses inline-letevals.

In GNU Emacs 26.0.91 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.21)
 of 2018-03-31 built on localhost
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11905000
Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Edebugging all definitions is on.
Edebug: my-number
Edebug: my-even-p
Edebug: my-func
Go... [2 times]
my-count is 1
edebug--display: Args out of range: [20 48 59 70 71 72], 7
Configured using:
 'configure
 --prefix=/nix/store/1rz40hmih51ycy295bn8lz7xpgw0yb97-emacs-26.0
 --with-modules --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY LIBSELINUX
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 MODULES
THREADS

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: /nix/store/aqxp1w2vlcjna2xicxz8l2if5ip4ds51-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/nix/store/aqxp1w2vlcjna2xicxz8l2if5ip4ds51-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/elpy-1.16.0/elpy hides /nix/store/aqxp1w2vlcjna2xicxz8l2if5ip4ds51-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/elpy-1.9.0/elpy
/nix/store/aqxp1w2vlcjna2xicxz8l2if5ip4ds51-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/elpy-1.16.0/elpy-refactor hides /nix/store/aqxp1w2vlcjna2xicxz8l2if5ip4ds51-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/elpy-1.9.0/elpy-refactor
/nix/store/aqxp1w2vlcjna2xicxz8l2if5ip4ds51-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/elpy-1.16.0/elpy-pkg hides /nix/store/aqxp1w2vlcjna2xicxz8l2if5ip4ds51-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/elpy-1.9.0/elpy-pkg
/nix/store/aqxp1w2vlcjna2xicxz8l2if5ip4ds51-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/elpy-1.16.0/elpy-autoloads hides /nix/store/aqxp1w2vlcjna2xicxz8l2if5ip4ds51-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/elpy-1.9.0/elpy-autoloads
/nix/store/aqxp1w2vlcjna2xicxz8l2if5ip4ds51-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/soap-client-3.1.3/soap-inspect hides /nix/store/1rz40hmih51ycy295bn8lz7xpgw0yb97-emacs-26.0/share/emacs/26.0.91/lisp/net/soap-inspect
/nix/store/aqxp1w2vlcjna2xicxz8l2if5ip4ds51-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/soap-client-3.1.3/soap-client hides /nix/store/1rz40hmih51ycy295bn8lz7xpgw0yb97-emacs-26.0/share/emacs/26.0.91/lisp/net/soap-client
/nix/store/aqxp1w2vlcjna2xicxz8l2if5ip4ds51-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/seq-2.20/seq hides /nix/store/1rz40hmih51ycy295bn8lz7xpgw0yb97-emacs-26.0/share/emacs/26.0.91/lisp/emacs-lisp/seq
/nix/store/aqxp1w2vlcjna2xicxz8l2if5ip4ds51-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/let-alist-1.0.5/let-alist hides /nix/store/1rz40hmih51ycy295bn8lz7xpgw0yb97-emacs-26.0/share/emacs/26.0.91/lisp/emacs-lisp/let-alist

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils inline edebug
easymenu map seq seq-25 byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib elec-pair time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face
macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 100258 7427)
 (symbols 48 20862 1)
 (miscs 40 53 140)
 (strings 32 29621 1038)
 (string-bytes 1 840285)
 (vectors 16 15487)
 (vector-slots 8 508929 5686)
 (floats 8 49 166)
 (intervals 56 257 0)
 (buffers 992 12))