Subject: bug#31039: 27.0.50; allow silencing auto-save

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2018 22:43:16 -0400

tags 31039 + patch
quit

Federico <[email-masked]> writes:

> I've prepared a patch to add this feature (see attached file). Since
> this is my first contribution to this project (and also my first time
> sending a patch via email), it's possible I've made some mistakes
> along the way. Any feedback is appreciated.

If you can add a NEWS entry mentioning the new variable, it should be
just about ready.

By the way, this patch is small enough to be added regardless, but if
you plan to send much more (the limit is about 15 lines, cumulative for
all of your patches), then you might want to think about getting started
on the copyright assignment.

> +  DEFVAR_LISP ("auto-save-quiet", auto_save_quiet,
> +	       doc: /* Non-nil means do not print any message when auto-saving. */);
> +  auto_save_quiet = Qnil;

The C name of the variable should start with V, like the others.

>    DEFVAR_LISP ("auto-save-timeout", Vauto_save_timeout,
>  	       doc: /* Number of seconds idle time before auto-save.
>  Zero or nil means disable auto-saving due to idleness.