Subject: Re: bug#31038: mv copies in ls -r order

From: 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2018 23:13:33 +0800

OK. Please on (info "(coreutils) cp invocation") at
‘-v’
‘--verbose’
     Print the name of each file before copying it.
add:

"(Note this reveals internal order of operations, often in ls -U order,
thus occasionally appearing to be in ls, ls -t, ls -r, ls -rt etc. order.)"

(I mean on the same page you do go into such details:

‘-a’
‘--archive’
     Preserve as much as possible of the structure and attributes of the
     original files in the copy (but do not attempt to preserve internal
     directory structure; i.e., ‘ls -U’ may list the entries in a copied
     directory in a different order).  Try to preserve SELinux security
     context and extended attributes (xattr), but ignore any failure to
     do that and print no corresponding diagnostic.  Equivalent to ‘-dR

)