Subject: Re: [bug#31036] [PATCH] gnu: Add Emacs dumb-jump

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2018 16:12:07 +0000

On April 9, 2018 3:00:08 PM UTC, Sohom Bhattacharjee es<[email-masked]> wrote:
>I made the changes as suggested. However i can not get the tests
>working. 
>
>I need some help with the tests. 
>
>whenever i compile this package i get these errors
>
>phase `unpack' succeeded after 0.0 seconds
>starting phase `patch-usr-bin-file'
>phase `patch-usr-bin-file' succeeded after 0.0 seconds
>starting phase `patch-source-shebangs'
>phase `patch-source-shebangs' succeeded after 0.0 seconds
>starting phase `patch-generated-file-shebangs'
>phase `patch-generated-file-shebangs' succeeded after 0.0 seconds
>starting phase `check'
>test suite not run
>phase `check' succeeded after 0.0 seconds
>starting phase `install'
>`/tmp/guix-build-emacs-dumb-jump-0.5.2.drv-0/dumb-jump-0.5.2/dumb-jump.el'
>-> 
>`/gnu/store/7rwqglwmjf6dbgfq87n642acp14agwsr-emacs-dumb-jump-0.5.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/guix.d/dumb-jump-0.5.2/dumb-jump.el'
>phase `install' succeeded after 0.0 seconds
>starting phase `check'
>Cannot open load file: No such file or directory, undercover
>phase `check' failed after 0.1 seconds
>builder for
>`/gnu/store/sx8j4pi37d8i32m9hraahkbn1m0ckks6-emacs-dumb-jump-0.5.2.drv'
>failed with exit code 1
>@ build-failed
>/gnu/store/sx8j4pi37d8i32m9hraahkbn1m0ckks6-emacs-dumb-jump-0.5.2.drv -
>1 builder for 
>`/gnu/store/sx8j4pi37d8i32m9hraahkbn1m0ckks6-emacs-dumb-jump-0.5.2.drv'
>failed with exit code 1
>guix build: error: build failed: build of
>`/gnu/store/sx8j4pi37d8i32m9hraahkbn1m0ckks6-emacs-dumb-jump-0.5.2.drv'
>failed

I believe this is because the ert-runner wrapper script completely overrides the EMACSLOADPATH env. variable used to make the different dependencies visible to Emacs in our emacs-build-system.

The fix to this particular bug is included in patch 0003 of a patch series waiting to be reviewed here: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=31018.

You might want to retry your test after applying that specific patch.

HTH,

Maxim
Hello!