Subject: Re: bug#31031: 27.0; (elisp) `Position Parameters', floating-point values

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2018 16:19:10 +0300

> From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2018 15:09:46 +0200
> 
> > AFAIK, this depends on how the monitors are configured, and perhaps
> > also on the window manager.  The "Multiple Terminals" node in ELisp
> > manual is what we felt we could document, and it does hint at what you
> > see, if you read the text carefully.
> 
> I guess you mean this bit: "The third part, SCREENNUMBER, identifies a
> zero-based screen number (a separate monitor) that is part of a single
> monitor collection on that X server."

Also, this:

     On some multi-monitor setups, a single X display outputs to more than
  one physical monitor.  You can use the functions
  ‘display-monitor-attributes-list’ and ‘frame-monitor-attributes’ to
  obtain information about such setups.

And this:

       ‘geometry’
	    Position of the top-left corner of the monitor’s screen and
	    its size, in pixels, as ‘(X Y WIDTH HEIGHT)’.  Note that, if
	    the monitor is not the primary monitor, some of the
	    coordinates might be negative.

> How about adding something like "Such a collection is often treated as
> one bigger virtual screen." ?

Sure, anything that might help understanding the issue without being
too definitive, provided that Martin is happy with the text.

Thanks.