Subject: bug#31031: 27.0; (elisp) `Position Parameters', floating-point values

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2018 15:09:46 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2018 12:28:38 +0200
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> 
>> I can't find anything in the elisp manual describing that the
>> workareas of the two monitors are combined like this.
>
> AFAIK, this depends on how the monitors are configured, and perhaps
> also on the window manager.  The "Multiple Terminals" node in ELisp
> manual is what we felt we could document, and it does hint at what you
> see, if you read the text carefully.

I guess you mean this bit: "The third part, SCREENNUMBER, identifies a
zero-based screen number (a separate monitor) that is part of a single
monitor collection on that X server."

How about adding something like "Such a collection is often treated as
one bigger virtual screen." ?

Robert