Subject: bug#30994: 27.0.50; Cursor doesn't blink (X window system)

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2018 11:06:09 +0300

> From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 21:04:33 -0400
> 
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> 
> >> I guess (without testing) that this is due to 2db57579b0 moving
> >> custom-reevaluate-setting before the window setup.
> >
> > Can we fix that by calling custom-reevaluate-setting one more time
> > after the window setup?
> 
> I don't know. It seems ugly to call it twice, but perhaps it works.

We already do such things with other features.  Sometimes it's
necessary.

> I guess that it would clobber "early init" settings made outside the
> customize mechanism, but I haven't looked at how this new init file is
> supposed to work.

Another idea is to define a function that would re-evaluate only
certain specific defcustoms, then add that function to
after-init-hook.  But that is more problematic, because maintaining
the list of defcustoms which need this is a maintenance burden.