Subject: Re: bug#30993: OpenSSH sshd killed by Shepherd 0.4.0

From: Clément Lassieur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 15:15:48 +0200

Heya,

Martin Castillo <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 06.05.2018 21:50, Leo Famulari wrote:
>> On Fri, May 04, 2018 at 04:01:52AM +0200, Martin Castillo wrote:
>>> Sorry,  I forgot to mention that I have the same problem. But I had it already with shepherd 0.3.
>> 
>> Interesting. Did it ever work for you on that system?
>> 
>> that system?
> Do you mean shepherd 0.3? Yes. And once(or so) with shepherd 0.4.
>
> I reported that here [0]. Some of the mentioned files needed small
> changes for the current guix, but ssh works with all of them, strangely.
>
> I attached my current configuration, where I need to start the daemon
> manually (herd start ssh-daemon) after each boot.

I don't think you're having the same bug.  Martin can manually start the
daemon, whereas Leo can't.  So Martin seems to have
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=32197, for which a commit
has been pushed by Julien.

Martin, could you please test it?  (You just need to 'guix pull' and try
again.)  Leo, if you confirm my analysis, could you please unmerge the
bugs?

Thanks,
Clément