Subject: Re: bug#30993: OpenSSH sshd killed by Shepherd 0.4.0

From: Martin Castillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2018 17:16:32 +0200

On 01.05.2018 22:43, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> Maybe one could somehow strace herd, or change the make-kill-destructor
>> to log every time it is being executed?
> 
> ‘herd status sshd’ displays the last time sshd was respawned, but the
> info ‘herd’ receives actually includes the dates of all the respawns,
> not just the last one.  Is that what you’re asking for?
> 

My idea was that maybe make-kill-destructor is being called from
somewhere else. If this is being
logged, one could rule that out.

Another wild idea would be sshd killing itself for some reason. stracing
sshd would tell us, if that's the case. How would one do that? Does
shepherd provide some debugging functions?

Or does linux provide a way to log all sent signals so one could find
the sending process?

Martin

-- 
GPG: 7FDE 7190 2F73 2C50 236E  403D CC13 48F1 E644 08EC