Subject: Re: bug#30993: OpenSSH sshd killed by Shepherd 0.4.0

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Tue, 01 May 2018 22:43:58 +0200

Martin Castillo <[email-masked]> skribis:

> (resending because I forgot to CC the list)
>
> On 06.04.2018 14:41, Leo Famulari wrote:
>>> Hmm, where could that SIGTERM come from?  ‘make-kill-destructor’ uses it
>>> when a service is stopped, and otherwise it’s sent when we’re shutting
>>> the system down.  But here?…
>>
>> Indeed, that is the question. Does anyone have advice for debugging?
>>
>> I still have this issue and so I'm continuing to use Shepherd 0.3.2.
>>
>
> Maybe one could somehow strace herd, or change the make-kill-destructor
> to log every time it is being executed?

‘herd status sshd’ displays the last time sshd was respawned, but the
info ‘herd’ receives actually includes the dates of all the respawns,
not just the last one.  Is that what you’re asking for?

Thanks,
Ludo’.