Subject: Re: bug#30992: Acknowledgement (27.0.50; Crash when graphics card switches)

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 23:14:48 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > I think the last version of GCC that could compile the NS variant
  > was 4.2.1 (4.2.4 in the MacPorts package manager), "Apple
  > augmented" to also be able to build those typical application
  > bundles.

This is a very bad situation.  I don't want to have code in Emacs that
can only be compiled with Clang, and I am determined to change that.
Will people please help me find the least disruptive way?

I would expect that most of the files of Emacs can compile with GCC
even on MacOS, but is that so?

What about with GNUstep?  Does Emacs compile for GCC with GNUstep?

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)
Skype: No way! See https://stallman.org/skype.html.