Subject: bug#30965: 27.0.50; Funny bounce format isn't known to rmail-retry-failure

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 17:15:54 -0400

I sent a message to the wrong address, and got this correct
error message, but rmail-retry-failure doesn't recognize
this format.

Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 19:10:39 -0400
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
Auto-Submitted: auto-replied
From: Mail Delivery System <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

  [email-masked]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<[email-masked]>:
    host mail2.eff.org [173.239.79.204]: 550 Unrouteable address

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------
------ The body of the message is 157369 characters long; only the first
------ 106496 or so are included here.

	*      [score: 1.0000]
From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: medium.com

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.23)
 of 2017-11-24 built on freetop
Repository revision: 52d822f31bc7cb57694c1e209b2d02e5efb8f48c
System Description:	Trisquel GNU/Linux 7.0, Belenos

Recent messages:
rmail-retry-failure: Cannot find end of header in failed message
Mark set [2 times]
Grep finished (matches found)
Send buffer contents as mail message? (y or n) y
Sending...
Wrote /home/rms/outgoing/out-32
Sending...done
kill-region: Buffer is read-only: #<buffer out-99>
Saving file /home/rms/outgoing/out-32...
Wrote /home/rms/outgoing/out-32
M-m runs the command rmail-retry-failure
Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g' --with-gnutls=no'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY LIBXML2
FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: RMAIL

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug shell pcomplete thingatpt grep compile comint
ansi-color ring misearch multi-isearch epa-mail dabbrev rmailkwd
url-util shr svg xml dom browse-url rmailout quail help-mode qp
rmailsum mailalias battery rmailmm message sendmail rmc puny
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mail-parse rfc2231 rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils dired dired-loaddefs t-mouse term/linux elec-pair view
derived time-date paren cus-start cus-load advice finder-inf package
easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt
gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face
macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 315360 67165)
 (symbols 48 24345 1)
 (miscs 40 1198 2645)
 (strings 32 49346 3974)
 (string-bytes 1 1173664)
 (vectors 16 26601)
 (vector-slots 8 1379363 226218)
 (floats 8 96 257)
 (intervals 56 64429 633)
 (buffers 992 59)
 (heap 1024 30386 4455))
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)
Skype: No way! See https://stallman.org/skype.html.