Subject: Re: bug#30961: Byte compilation problem with emacs-org

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 11:43:55 -0300

> happens when the newer org-mode is byte-compiled, and leads to wrong
> .elc files.

Doesn't the official Emacs docs recommend against byte compiling? Why we
have such nasty thing here?

I also noticed some odd behavior with emacs-org coming from GNU Guix,
mainly causing the impossibility of exporting a simple document as this
to LaTeX or to PDF:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
#+TITLE: Test

* A test

Yes, a test.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I'll make another detailed bug report about this specific issue once I
have time to take more information.

-- 
- https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com
  gratis).
- "WhatsApp"? Ele não é livre. Por favor, veja formas de se comunicar
  instantaneamente comigo no endereço abaixo.
- Contato: https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno#vCard
- Arquivos comuns aceitos (apenas sem DRM): Corel Draw, Microsoft
  Office, MP3, MP4, WMA, WMV.
- Arquivos comuns aceitos e enviados: CSV, GNU Dia, GNU Emacs Org, GNU
  GIMP, Inkscape SVG, JPG, LibreOffice (padrão ODF), OGG, OPUS, PDF
  (apenas sem DRM), PNG, TXT, WEBM.