Subject: Re: bug#30955: 27.0.50; Mouse clicks on header-line in Info are broken

From: Colin Baxter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2018 14:30:22 +0100

>>>>> Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

    > Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
    >>> From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> Cc:
    >>> [email-masked], [email-masked] Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2018
    >>> 08:10:03 -0400
    >>> 
    >>> There's indeed a bug, here, which is that it says
    >>> 
    >>> (translated from <mouse-2>)
    >>> 
    >>> instead of
    >>> 
    >>> (translated from <mouse-1>)
    >>> 
    >>> I assume it's because the fix I installed modifies the event
    >>> in-place, so the recording of "untranslated events" gets changed
    >>> by side-effect.
    >> 
    >> I don't think so: I saw the mouse-2 part even before you fixed
    >> the problem.

    > Maybe you've seen it with yet-older code, such as the one in the
    > emacs-26 branch (in that code, the mouse-1 => mouse-2 remapping
    > was done elsewhere (i.e. as part of the processing of
    > down-mouse-1) so read_key_sequence never even saw the mouse-1
    > event to put it into the raw_keybuf)?

    >> So I think it's something else at work.

    > Yet the second hunk below does fix this problem (the first hunk
    > fixes the same problem but for C-h l, and the third just removes
    > code which does something wrong, and I have no idea why the code
    > was there in the first place).

This may not be relevant, but I've noticed that this mouse problem

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2016-04/msg00499.html

is now no longer present. I remember I didn't follow the suggestion in
the thread to bisect, so I'm unaware when it was fixed. I don't have the
problem now so perhaps Stephan's patch fixed that too.

Best wishes,