Subject: [bug#30950] [PATCH shepherd]: Update required guile version, and remove some hacks

From: Carlo Zancanaro <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2018 14:23:25 +1000

Hey Ludo!

On Thu, Mar 29 2018, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> * modules/shepherd.scm (main): Remove SIGALRM hack for guile <= 
>> 2.0.9.
>>
>> ...
>
> Unfortunately I think the problem remains.  That’s one of the 
> reasons for using signalfd(2).

I must not understand this problem. Can you explain what the 
problem is, and how this solves it? Reading the linked email 
didn't help me to understand. I've read a number of other things 
about Guile and how it handles signals and they haven't helped me 
to understand, either.

> Can you create an account on Savannah so I can add you to the 
> group and let you push the first two patches?  :-)

I have an activated account, finally! I'm czan there.

Carlo