Subject: Re: bug#30949: libp11-kit error

From: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 08:06:08 +0200

Hello,

After bisecting, the problem is in
    glib-networking

If I install glib-networking alone, it breaks.

If I install glib gnutls gsettings-desktop-schemas intltool p11-kit
pkg-config (glib-networking deps), it works.

See for yourself:

0 packages in profile
vivien:~$ guix package -i glib-networking
guile: warning: failed to install locale
warning: failed to install locale: Invalid argument
The following package will be installed:
   glib-networking	2.54.1	/gnu/store/v1699m574z8gnf80x2xn
cazdpfnpb48g-glib-networking-2.54.1

substitute: guix substitute: warning: ACL for archive imports seems to
be uninitialized, substitutes may be unavailable
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu
.org'... 100.0%
The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/3v8cfslrb6klzhckm50437l4zpmnikd1-profile.drv
   /gnu/store/m4kz7nxcz12w3vpra14vdg730lm9f9az-ca-certificate-
bundle.drv
   /gnu/store/d07dvnzb21xazhlnki3vncxl47lq3aqz-xdg-mime-database.drv
   /gnu/store/crh448xmpkr8x194a2rjb6dw6vj7i25x-xdg-desktop-database.drv
   /gnu/store/bsjzbfwmbr74kq7r498g4s0djaqfw5iq-fonts-dir.drv
   /gnu/store/6sxp9iwn23zwhdsdj5hfd5m0p34k336y-info-dir.drv
   /gnu/store/6ki3sd8njfljsfqzvnw5piyzdypl730l-manual-database.drv
Creating manual page database...
0 entries processed in 0.1 s
1 package in profile
vivien:~$ /usr/bin/flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://f
lathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.26' not found
(required by /gnu/store/gsi6xb0w4wav7gz60sn0gd31jlghhdci-p11-kit-
0.23.10/lib/libp11-kit.so.0)
Failed to load module: /home/vivien/.guix-
profile/lib/gio/modules/libgiognutls.so
Can't load uri https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo: TLS
support is not available
vivien:~$ guix package -r glib-networking
guile: warning: failed to install locale
warning: failed to install locale: Invalid argument
The following package will be removed:
   glib-networking	2.54.1	/gnu/store/v1699m574z8gnf80x2xn
cazdpfnpb48g-glib-networking-2.54.1

0 packages in profile
vivien:~$ guix package -i glib gnutls gsettings-desktop-schemas
intltool p11-kit pkg-config
guile: warning: failed to install locale
warning: failed to install locale: Invalid argument
The following packages will be installed:
   glib	2.54.2	/gnu/store/6iyjammgs0qp2sxxniy974xkf81yl76
9-glib-2.54.2
   gnutls	3.5.13	/gnu/store/5kih0kxmipzjw10c53hhckfzkcs7c
8mm-gnutls-3.5.13
   gsettings-desktop-schemas	3.24.1	/gnu/store/cz988rfj17
h00bxs93agwrzzwpbmrkq3-gsettings-desktop-schemas-3.24.1
   intltool	0.51.0	/gnu/store/vdf2qr16vv902lzjbwq8yqqaaap
3iv70-intltool-0.51.0
   p11-kit	0.23.10	/gnu/store/gsi6xb0w4wav7gz60sn0gd31jlg
hhdci-p11-kit-0.23.10
   pkg-config	0.29.2	/gnu/store/vgmln3b639r68vvy75xhcbi7d
2w31mx1-pkg-config-0.29.2

substitute: guix substitute: warning: ACL for archive imports seems to
be uninitialized, substitutes may be unavailable
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu
.org'... 100.0%
The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/dnqray955y26s2icmb6kd7nadm1cqckl-profile.drv
   /gnu/store/s1d8kmqsaa1b6zzafdpsvb84k11k3q1m-fonts-dir.drv
   /gnu/store/cyn4aaryc8shlb3b4qv9nqh9kwcf9a3x-xdg-desktop-database.drv
   /gnu/store/6h4hscbi4gvxbay5c67id2v34mqm3pjj-xdg-mime-database.drv
   /gnu/store/1v2q0zr23wyf5w7sjagsisdk88p7xfki-info-dir.drv
   /gnu/store/1c84g5mpizy60r5gp38gs9hjag4pvwgw-ca-certificate-
bundle.drv
   /gnu/store/jzdwc36xnhvlxy51ylz606y37rip20zi-manual-database.drv
Creating manual page database...
1003 entries processed in 1.7 s
6 packages in profile
The following environment variable definitions may be needed:
   export PERL5LIB="/home/vivien/.guix-
profile/lib/perl5/site_perl${PERL5LIB:+:}$PERL5LIB"
vivien:~$ /usr/bin/flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://f
lathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
vivien:~$

Le lundi 26 mars 2018 à 13:22 +0200, Vivien Kraus a écrit :
> Hello list,
> 
> This error shows when I try to configure debian's flatpak:
> 
> $ /usr/bin/flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub
> .o
> rg/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
> /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.26' not found
> (required by /gnu/store/gsi6xb0w4wav7gz60sn0gd31jlghhdci-p11-kit-
> 0.23.10/lib/libp11-kit.so.0)
> Failed to load module: /home/vivien/.guix-
> profile/lib/gio/modules/libgiognutls.so
> Can't load uri https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo: TLS
> support is not available
> 
> I have tried to remove and reinstall some packages, mainly gnutls and
> glibc, but it does not solve the problem.
> 
> A similar error happens with debian's evolution (I have guix'
> evolution
> installed, which works):
> $ /usr/bin/evolution
> /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.25' not found
> (required by /gnu/store/i397mqhpihsx45c0cbqfsnlvp4q4fkm1-gnutls-
> 3.5.13/lib/libgnutls.so.30)
> Failed to load module: /home/vivien/.guix-
> profile/lib/gio/modules/libgiognutls.so
> 
> But not with debian's wget, for instance.
> 
> It is weird to me that guix' gnutls does not use guix' glibc.
> 
> If I override LD_LIBRARY_PATH to also point to my profile, I get a
> segfault.
> 
> Is it a known issue?  Can it be solved with an environment variable?
> 
> Best regards,
> 
> Vivien
> 
> 
>