Subject: bug#30949: closed (Re: bug#30949: libp11-kit error)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 08:46:02 +0000

Your bug report

#30949: libp11-kit error

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
30949: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=30949
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#30949: libp11-kit error
From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
To: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 10:30:12 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Anyways, thank you, the problem is solved!

That’s great!

Environment variables can be tricky and the way this failed in your case
certainly isn’t nice, but I can’t think of a way to avoid this.

I’m closing this bug.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net

Subject: libp11-kit error
From: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 13:22:27 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello list,

This error shows when I try to configure debian's flatpak:

$ /usr/bin/flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.o
rg/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.26' not found
(required by /gnu/store/gsi6xb0w4wav7gz60sn0gd31jlghhdci-p11-kit-
0.23.10/lib/libp11-kit.so.0)
Failed to load module: /home/vivien/.guix-
profile/lib/gio/modules/libgiognutls.so
Can't load uri https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo: TLS
support is not available

I have tried to remove and reinstall some packages, mainly gnutls and
glibc, but it does not solve the problem.

A similar error happens with debian's evolution (I have guix' evolution
installed, which works):
$ /usr/bin/evolution
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.25' not found
(required by /gnu/store/i397mqhpihsx45c0cbqfsnlvp4q4fkm1-gnutls-
3.5.13/lib/libgnutls.so.30)
Failed to load module: /home/vivien/.guix-
profile/lib/gio/modules/libgiognutls.so

But not with debian's wget, for instance.

It is weird to me that guix' gnutls does not use guix' glibc.

If I override LD_LIBRARY_PATH to also point to my profile, I get a
segfault.

Is it a known issue?  Can it be solved with an environment variable?

Best regards,

Vivien