Subject: bug#30949: libp11-kit error

From: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 13:22:27 +0200

Hello list,

This error shows when I try to configure debian's flatpak:

$ /usr/bin/flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.o
rg/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.26' not found
(required by /gnu/store/gsi6xb0w4wav7gz60sn0gd31jlghhdci-p11-kit-
0.23.10/lib/libp11-kit.so.0)
Failed to load module: /home/vivien/.guix-
profile/lib/gio/modules/libgiognutls.so
Can't load uri https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo: TLS
support is not available

I have tried to remove and reinstall some packages, mainly gnutls and
glibc, but it does not solve the problem.

A similar error happens with debian's evolution (I have guix' evolution
installed, which works):
$ /usr/bin/evolution
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.25' not found
(required by /gnu/store/i397mqhpihsx45c0cbqfsnlvp4q4fkm1-gnutls-
3.5.13/lib/libgnutls.so.30)
Failed to load module: /home/vivien/.guix-
profile/lib/gio/modules/libgiognutls.so

But not with debian's wget, for instance.

It is weird to me that guix' gnutls does not use guix' glibc.

If I override LD_LIBRARY_PATH to also point to my profile, I get a
segfault.

Is it a known issue?  Can it be solved with an environment variable?

Best regards,

Vivien