Subject: bug#30949: libp11-kit error

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 09:52:03 +0200

Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]> writes:

> It is weird to me that guix' gnutls does not use guix' glibc.

It most certainly does.

> If I override LD_LIBRARY_PATH to also point to my profile, I get a
> segfault.

Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH on a system where Guix things are installed
alongside system things is rarely ever going to work out, because you’re
forcing the runtime linker to pick libraries that are likely to be
incompatible.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not needed for running Guix applications (we use
RUNPATH to record the location of libraries).

> Is it a known issue?  Can it be solved with an environment variable?

I’d say it is *caused* by an environment variable.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net