Subject: bug#30946: 26.0.90; TRAMP cannot access some files when using hops

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2018 16:11:02 +0200

Nicolas Petton <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Nicolas,

> As discussed on the emacs-devel mailing list, when using tramp with
> multiple hops like the following:
>
>   C-x C-f /ssh:[email-masked]|sudo:localhost:/etc/deluser.conf
>
> Tramp opens an empty buffer, without showing any error message.
>
> I understand now that the second hop should be "sudo:example.com:", but
> it felt intuitive to use localhost, and for most files on the remote
> host it actually worked.

I have added an additional check in Tramp for host name matches in such
cases. This checks also the single hop case "/sudo:example.com:", which
shall fail when "example.com" is not your local host name.

There's a new test case for this, tramp-test03-file-name-host-rules. I
have the feeling that this test needs too much time; maybe I'll move it
to the expensive tests.

Could you pls check, whether Tramp behaves now as expected?

Best regards, Michael.