Subject: bug#30921: Jupyter uses the wrong Python.

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2018 11:19:55 +0100

Fis Trivial <[email-masked]> writes:

> When running jupyter, it seems that the python in "/usr/bin/python"
> instead of the one in store is used. Here is the complete logging of
> jupyter console output, notice those line in the middle, where displaying:
> "/usr/bin/python: No module named ipykernel_launcher"

I wonder if that’s by design.  As far as I understand Jupyter can be
used with many different kernels, including different versions of
Python.  This means that we may not limit it to just a single version of
Python at build time.

Is this correct?

I do agree, though, that the default doesn’t seem right.  As long as a
user can override the kernel to use a different Python than the one we
configured at build time, I think we should default to the current
version of Python in Guix.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net