Subject: bug#30890: Hash mismatch for /gnu/store/bvbs19jg8497ca73i82xmrjspd83lvs2-usb.ids

From: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 07:54:40 +0100

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.  This new URL works, but the file version
does not meet the checksum.

Starting download of /gnu/store/bvbs19jg8497ca73i82xmrjspd83lvs2-
usb.ids
>From https://svn.code.sf.net/p/linux-usb/repo/trunk/htdocs/usb.ids?r=15
51...
following redirection to `http://svn.code.sf.net/p/linux-usb/repo/trunk
/htdocs/usb.ids?p=1551'...
 usb.ids  97KiB                           0B/s 00:00
[                  usb.ids  97KiB                       153KiB/s 00:00
[###########       usb.ids  97KiB                       161KiB/s 00:01
[##################] 100.0%
sha256 hash mismatch for output path
`/gnu/store/bvbs19jg8497ca73i82xmrjspd83lvs2-usb.ids'
  expected: 17rg5i0wbyk289gr8v4kgvnc9q5bidz7ldcvv9x58l083wn16hq3
  actual:   1wzkaan87ncx80hgddii01cqk5gw8mrm5kb2xf6w9fwa4h53gin5
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/qgxidn6qahyg52vgyiwjpq3k93kd5msb-
libosinfo-1.0.0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
guix package: error: build failed: build of
`/gnu/store/qgxidn6qahyg52vgyiwjpq3k93kd5msb-libosinfo-1.0.0.drv'
failed

I don't know on what the hash depends; maybe it also depends on the
URL?  Should I change the hash in virtualization.scm?

Vivien

Le mercredi 21 mars 2018 à 01:19 +0100, Danny Milosavljevic a écrit :
> Hi,
> 
> apparently linux-usb sourceforge switched over to SVN - so what you
> are getting
> there is an error page.
> 
> Possible fix would be:
> 
> diff --git a/gnu/packages/virtualization.scm
> b/gnu/packages/virtualization.scm
> index 55a92eca0..be8a8bb86 100644
> --- a/gnu/packages/virtualization.scm
> +++ b/gnu/packages/virtualization.scm
> @@ -280,7 +280,7 @@ server and embedded PowerPC, and S390 guests.")
>         ("usb.ids"
>          ,(origin
>             (method url-fetch)
> -           (uri "http://linux-usb.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/linux-u
> sb/htdocs/usb.ids?revision=1.551")
> +           (uri "https://svn.code.sf.net/p/linux-usb/repo/trunk/htdo
> cs/usb.ids?r=1551")
>             (file-name "usb.ids")
>             (sha256
>              (base32
>