Subject: 25.3; Floating numbers rounded

From: Eduardo Suarez-Santana <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 13:23:28 +0000

Running
$ emacs -q --eval "(message (number-to-string 2.33333))"
prints '2.0'. That breaks some package loading.

However, it works with '-nw' (text mode).

See also: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/57871

In GNU Emacs 25.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.26)
 of 2017-11-10 built on mydesktop
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11906000
System Description:	Exherbo linux

Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
 --prefix=/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --bindir=/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin
 --sbindir=/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin
 --libdir=/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/lib --datadir=/usr/share
 --datarootdir=/usr/share --docdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-25.3
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --sysconfdir=/etc
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --disable-dependency-tracking
 --disable-silent-rules --enable-fast-install
 --infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs --with-file-notification=inotify
 --with-pkg-config-prog=/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-pkg-config
 --without-compress-info --without-gsettings --without-hesiod
 --without-imagemagick --without-kerberos --without-kerberos5
 --without-m17n-flt --without-selinux --with-x --with-jpeg --with-png
 --with-xpm --with-sound --with-xft --with-libotf --with-rsvg
 --with-dbus --with-gconf --without-gif --without-gpm --with-tiff
 --with-xim gtk3 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 'CFLAGS=-march=native -pipe -O2'
 'CPPFLAGS=-march=native -pipe -O2''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF PNG RSVG SOUND DBUS GCONF NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2
FREETYPE LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: C
  value of $LANG: es_ES.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
2.0
Making completion list...
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils site-exherbo time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 86887 9301)
 (symbols 48 19662 0)
 (miscs 40 46 146)
 (strings 32 14294 4678)
 (string-bytes 1 409528)
 (vectors 16 11844)
 (vector-slots 8 430663 6132)
 (floats 8 165 57)
 (intervals 56 266 3)
 (buffers 976 19))