Subject: Re: [bug#30873] [PATCH core-updates 1/3] gnu: glibc: Update to 2.27.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 14:18:05 +0100

Hello!

Thanks for working on this update!  Crazy that it turned out to be this
difficult.

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> skribis:

> +++ b/gnu/packages/patches/glibc-2.27-git-fixes.patch
> @@ -0,0 +1,12765 @@
> +This patch includes all post-release fixes for version 2.27 up to commit
> +3b922526415d1af93fe5a0e3caf7e6a790cb1619.
> +
> +https://sourceware.org/git/?p=glibc.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/release/2.27/master
> +
> +Generated by "git diff glibc-2.27..release/2.27/master".

In general I’d be in favor of not doing that, unless the fixes are
important (build issue, security issue, etc.), as was the case when we
packaged 2.26; and, if there are important fixes, I’d rather extract
them from the whole patch stream, and skip unrelated changes.

For example, I’m sure we can live without the locale updates that show
up in this patch set.  :-)

Do you know which of these patches are really needed?

Thoughts?

Ludo’.