Subject: bug#30870: Error opening HTML mail when mm-text-html-renderer is nil

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 19:19:33 +0200

"Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]> writes:

> (Hopefully someone else can reproduce this issue without my having to
>  start an uncustomised Gnus.)
>
> 1. M-x toggle-debug-on-error RET
> 2. M-x set-variable RET mm-text-html-renderer RET nil RET
> 3. Open a HTML article in Gnus, e.g. by typing RET in a summary buffer
>
> This results in the attached backtrace.
>
> I'm quite unfamiliar with the relevant code, but the patch I am
> currently using as a workaround follows my signature, as do listings of
> my Gnus and Emacs versions.

As this hasn't been working for quite a while, apparently, and nil is a
nonsensical value (popping up Firefox every time you happen to click on
an email that contains an HTML part sounds unsafe), I've now removed
that option instead of fixing it.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no