Subject: 27.0.50; tramp-error: Package `tramp-archive' not supported

From: Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 17:52:52 +0000

X-Debbugs-CC: [email-masked]

Hello,

I have been seeing this "tramp-error: Package `tramp-archive' not
supported" for may be about a month. This error happens whenever I try to
git stage an archive file like foo.tar.xz using Magit.

I cannot debug this error as M-x toggle-debug-on-error does not give any
backtrace, and even (setq debug-on-message "not supported") doesn't do
anything.

This issue looks the exact same like
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=30293, but I see that that is
already closed about a month back, whereas I still see this on the master
build as of 03/15 (last week).

I have seen this issue only when staging *new* *.tar.xz files in Magit, but
I cannot invoke backtrace by any means.. Please let me know what I can do
to better understand this problem, and help fix it.

Thanks.

---

Emacs version: GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 24, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+
Version 2.24.23)
 of 2018-03-15, built using commit 64a1da4989b0551481600facb1781ac92089d182.

./configure options:
  --with-modules --prefix=/home/kmodi/usr_local/apps/6/emacs/master
'--program-transform-name=s/^ctags$/ctags_emacs/'
--enable-checking=yes,glyphs --enable-check-lisp-object-type
'CPPFLAGS=-I/home/kmodi/usr_local/6/include -I/usr/include/freetype2
-I/usr/include' 'CFLAGS=-ggdb3 -O0' 'CXXFLAGS=-ggdb3 -O0'
'LDFLAGS=-L/home/kmodi/usr_local/6/lib -L/home/kmodi/usr_local/6/lib64
-ggdb3'

Features:
  XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK2 X11 MODULES THREADS

-- 

Kaushal Modi