Subject: bug#30841: Building Zend PHP (php): tests fail, and "Name or service not known"

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2018 14:28:59 -0300

This is known to started happening from a `guix pull' done in
2018-03-10T11:00:56-0300. I did another pull yesterday
(2018-03-16T16:30:42-0300) and the problem continued.

I didn't bisect this problem yet. That is: I don't know if it started
happening in a commit from dates before.

Here is perhaps the most interesting part of the log:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
=====================================================================

=====================================================================
FAILED TEST SUMMARY
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Test unixtojd() function : error conditions
[ext/calendar/tests/unixtojd_error1.phpt]
=====================================================================

=====================================================================
WARNED TEST SUMMARY
---------------------------------------------------------------------
FPM: Test status page [sapi/fpm/tests/010.phpt] (warn: XFAIL section but
test passes)
FPM: Test various messages on start, from master and childs
[sapi/fpm/tests/015.phpt] (warn: XFAIL section but test passes)
=====================================================================

You may have found a problem in PHP.
This report can be automatically sent to the PHP QA team at
http://qa.php.net/reports and http://news.php.net/php.qa.reports
This gives us a better understanding of PHP's behavior.
If you don't want to send the report immediately you can choose
option "s" to save it.  You can then email it to
[email-masked] later.
Do you want to send this report now? [Yns]:
Please enter your email address.
(Your address will be mangled so that it will not go out on any
mailinglist in plain text): sh: autoconf: command not found

Warning: fsockopen(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name
or service not known in
/tmp/guix-build-php-7.2.3.drv-0/php-7.2.3/run-tests.php on line 1049

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to qa.php.net:80
(php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not
known) in /tmp/guix-build-php-7.2.3.drv-0/php-7.2.3/run-tests.php on
line 1049

The test script was unable to automatically send the report to PHP's QA
Team
Please send
/tmp/guix-build-php-7.2.3.drv-0/php-7.2.3/php_test_results_20180316_2137.txt
to [email-masked] manually, thank you.
make: *** [Makefile:237: test] Error 1
phase `check' failed after 1163.6 seconds
builder for `/gnu/store/wmhdapi16fkwmnqvafgqqrr1qsci8177-php-7.2.3.drv'
failed with exit code 1
guix package: error: build failed: build of
`/gnu/store/wmhdapi16fkwmnqvafgqqrr1qsci8177-php-7.2.3.drv' failed
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Particularly, notice that in...

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Do you want to send this report now? [Yns]:
Please enter your email address.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

... I don't do anything, so I assume the build process is responsible
for "advancing".

-- 
- https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com
  gratis).
- "WhatsApp"? Ele não é livre. Por favor, veja formas de se comunicar
  instantaneamente comigo no endereço abaixo.
- Contato: https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno#vCard
- Arquivos comuns aceitos (apenas sem DRM): Corel Draw, Microsoft
  Office, MP3, MP4, WMA, WMV.
- Arquivos comuns aceitos e enviados: CSV, GNU Dia, GNU Emacs Org, GNU
  GIMP, Inkscape SVG, JPG, LibreOffice (padrão ODF), OGG, OPUS, PDF
  (apenas sem DRM), PNG, TXT, WEBM.