Subject: Re: bug#30841: Building Zend PHP (php): tests fail, and "Name or service not known"

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 08:29:57 -0400

Hello,

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> On Sat, Mar 17, 2018 at 02:28:59PM -0300, Adonay Felipe Nogueira wrote:
>> Warning: fsockopen(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name
>> or service not known in
>
> this looks like the problem that has been reported several times for different
> situations, due to a change in glibc. The solution was to install "nscd"
> (possibly in your host distribution if you are not on GuixSD).
>
> Could you give it a try?
>
> Andreas

Closing this stale bug report.  If you find any test failures in the
current version of PHP, please create a new bug report.

Thanks,

Maxim