Subject: bug#30841: closed (Re: bug#30841: Building Zend PHP (php): tests fail, and "Name or service not known")

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 12:29:02 +0000

Your bug report

#30841: Building Zend PHP (php): tests fail, and "Name or service not known"

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
30841: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=30841
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#30841: Building Zend PHP (php): tests fail, and "Name or service not known"
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Adonay Felipe Nogueira <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 08:29:57 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> On Sat, Mar 17, 2018 at 02:28:59PM -0300, Adonay Felipe Nogueira wrote:
>> Warning: fsockopen(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name
>> or service not known in
>
> this looks like the problem that has been reported several times for different
> situations, due to a change in glibc. The solution was to install "nscd"
> (possibly in your host distribution if you are not on GuixSD).
>
> Could you give it a try?
>
> Andreas

Closing this stale bug report.  If you find any test failures in the
current version of PHP, please create a new bug report.

Thanks,

Maxim

Subject: Building Zend PHP (php): tests fail, and "Name or service not known"
From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2018 14:28:59 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This is known to started happening from a `guix pull' done in
2018-03-10T11:00:56-0300. I did another pull yesterday
(2018-03-16T16:30:42-0300) and the problem continued.

I didn't bisect this problem yet. That is: I don't know if it started
happening in a commit from dates before.

Here is perhaps the most interesting part of the log:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
=====================================================================

=====================================================================
FAILED TEST SUMMARY
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Test unixtojd() function : error conditions
[ext/calendar/tests/unixtojd_error1.phpt]
=====================================================================

=====================================================================
WARNED TEST SUMMARY
---------------------------------------------------------------------
FPM: Test status page [sapi/fpm/tests/010.phpt] (warn: XFAIL section but
test passes)
FPM: Test various messages on start, from master and childs
[sapi/fpm/tests/015.phpt] (warn: XFAIL section but test passes)
=====================================================================

You may have found a problem in PHP.
This report can be automatically sent to the PHP QA team at
http://qa.php.net/reports and http://news.php.net/php.qa.reports
This gives us a better understanding of PHP's behavior.
If you don't want to send the report immediately you can choose
option "s" to save it.  You can then email it to
[email-masked] later.
Do you want to send this report now? [Yns]:
Please enter your email address.
(Your address will be mangled so that it will not go out on any
mailinglist in plain text): sh: autoconf: command not found

Warning: fsockopen(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name
or service not known in
/tmp/guix-build-php-7.2.3.drv-0/php-7.2.3/run-tests.php on line 1049

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to qa.php.net:80
(php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not
known) in /tmp/guix-build-php-7.2.3.drv-0/php-7.2.3/run-tests.php on
line 1049

The test script was unable to automatically send the report to PHP's QA
Team
Please send
/tmp/guix-build-php-7.2.3.drv-0/php-7.2.3/php_test_results_20180316_2137.txt
to [email-masked] manually, thank you.
make: *** [Makefile:237: test] Error 1
phase `check' failed after 1163.6 seconds
builder for `/gnu/store/wmhdapi16fkwmnqvafgqqrr1qsci8177-php-7.2.3.drv'
failed with exit code 1
guix package: error: build failed: build of
`/gnu/store/wmhdapi16fkwmnqvafgqqrr1qsci8177-php-7.2.3.drv' failed
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Particularly, notice that in...

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Do you want to send this report now? [Yns]:
Please enter your email address.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

... I don't do anything, so I assume the build process is responsible
for "advancing".

-- 
- https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com
  gratis).
- "WhatsApp"? Ele não é livre. Por favor, veja formas de se comunicar
  instantaneamente comigo no endereço abaixo.
- Contato: https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno#vCard
- Arquivos comuns aceitos (apenas sem DRM): Corel Draw, Microsoft
  Office, MP3, MP4, WMA, WMV.
- Arquivos comuns aceitos e enviados: CSV, GNU Dia, GNU Emacs Org, GNU
  GIMP, Inkscape SVG, JPG, LibreOffice (padrão ODF), OGG, OPUS, PDF
  (apenas sem DRM), PNG, TXT, WEBM.