Subject: Re: bug#30841: Building Zend PHP (php): tests fail, and "Name or service not known"

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2018 23:14:28 -0300

> situations, due to a change in glibc. The solution was to install "nscd"
> (possibly in your host distribution if you are not on GuixSD).
>
> Could you give it a try?

I already have host/foreign distro's "nscd" package installed, and the
daemon was/is already running.

- Distro: Trisquel 7

- nscd version: (Ubuntu EGLIBC 2.19-0ubuntu6.14) 2.19

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ sudo service nscd status
[sudo] password for adfeno:
 * Status of Name Service Cache Daemon service:
 * running.
$ LANG=C sudo netstat -lanp | grep nscd
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     18682    1349/nscd           /var/run/nscd/socket
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I also made my own "/etc/nsswitch.conf" file, which is attached. The
"nscd.conf" --- also attached --- comes from the "nscd" package, and
wasn't changed by me. If I recall correctly, the only think that I made
myself was the nsswitch.conf file, in which the "hosts" entry was based
on GuixSD's related GNU Shepherd service.

I also took care to restart the Guix daemon after changing the
nsswitch.conf file, but got the same result.