Subject: Gnome produces lots of errors and warnings

From: Catonano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2018 14:18:21 +0100

I used a Qemu based guest in order to show the copious amount of errors and
warnings that Gnome produces on GuixSD

Here's the footage
https://youtu.be/CmsCe52m0Ec

And here's the text that I copied and pasted

...
New session c1 of user catonano.
/gnu/store/4pnaffshxik49fnvx2pjd8ks2q76lgyp-xauth-1.0.10/bin/xauth:  file

/home/catonano/.Xauthority does not exist <---- why doesn't this exist ?

error in finalization thread: Successo
[   35.735839] fuse init (API version 7.26)
_IceTransmkdir: ERROR: euid != 0,directory /tmp/.ICE-unix will not be
created.
Mar 17 13:53:51 localhost gnome-keyring-daemon[450]: couldn't access
control socket: /run/user/1000/keyring/control: File o directory non
esistente
** Message: couldn't access control socket: /run/user/1000/keyring/control:
File o directory non esistente
Mar 17 13:53:51 localhost gnome-keyring-daemon[451]: couldn't access
control socket: /run/user/1000/keyring/control: File o directory non
esistente
** Message: couldn't access control socket: /run/user/1000/keyring/control:
File o directory non esistente
Mar 17 13:53:51 localhost gnome-keyring-daemon[452]: couldn't access
control socket: /run/user/1000/keyring/control: File o directory non
esistente
** Message: couldn't access control socket: /run/user/1000/keyring/control:
File o directory non esistente
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/run/user/1000/keyring/ssh
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/run/user/1000/keyring/ssh
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/run/user/1000/keyring/ssh
Gjs-Message: JS WARNING: [resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/main.js 317]:
reference to undefined property global.stage
Gjs-Message: JS WARNING: [resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/layout.js 217]:
reference to undefined property global.window_group
Gjs-Message: JS WARNING:
[resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/osdMonitorLabeler.js 59]: reference to
undefined property Meta.MonitorManager

GNOME Shell-Message: Failed to launch ibus-daemon: Esecuzione del processo
figlio «ibus-daemon» non riuscita (File o directory non esistente)

[the execution of the child process "ibus-daemon" failed]

Gjs-Message: JS WARNING: [resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/slider.js 34]:
reference to undefined property St.GenericAccessible
dbus-daemon[353]: [system] Activating service
name='org.freedesktop.Accounts' requested by ':1.11' (uid=1000 pid=460
comm="/gnu/store/54z2mhvh8adiwx32c6w7f86wia0wi297-gnome-") (using servic)
dbus-daemon[353]: [system] Successfully activated service
'org.freedesktop.Accounts'
dbus-daemon[353]: [system] Activating service
name='org.freedesktop.GeoClue2' requested by ':1.11' (uid=1000 pid=460
comm="/gnu/store/54z2mhvh8adiwx32c6w7f86wia0wi297-gnome-") (using servic)
dbus-daemon[353]: [system] Successfully activated service
'org.freedesktop.GeoClue2'
dbus-daemon[353]: [system] Activating service
name='org.freedesktop.UDisks2' requested by ':1.27' (uid=1000 pid=494
comm="/gnu/store/7c2qaw7s6b1dmy79n0s7wk7hl1j5qlrl-gvfs-1") (using service)
dbus-daemon[353]: [system] Successfully activated service
'org.freedesktop.UDisks2'
Gjs-Message: JS WARNING:
[resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/tweener/tweener.js 540]: reference to
undefined property properties[istr].isSpecialProperty
GNOME Shell-Message: No permission to trigger offline updates:
Polkit.Error: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Action
org.freedesktop.packagekit.trigger-offline-update isd
GNOME Shell-Message: Error loading calendars: Errore nel chiamare
StartServiceByName per org.gnome.Shell.CalendarServer:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildExited: Process or1

(gsd-sharing:538): sharing-plugin-WARNING **: Failed to StopUnit service:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.freedesktop.systemd1 was not provided by any .ss

(gsd-sharing:538): sharing-plugin-WARNING **: Failed to StopUnit service:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.freedesktop.systemd1 was not provided by any .ss

(gsd-sharing:538): sharing-plugin-WARNING **: Failed to StopUnit service:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.freedesktop.systemd1 was not provided by any .ss

(gsd-rfkill:536): rfkill-plugin-WARNING **: Could not open RFKILL control
device, please verify your installation
dbus-daemon[353]: [system] Activating service
name='org.freedesktop.ColorManager' requested by ':1.36' (uid=1000 pid=527
comm="/gnu/store/wv0dr2lwb5j68qf74syvbzy3jq84cyq1-gnome-") (using se)
dbus-daemon[353]: [system] Activating service
name='org.freedesktop.GeoClue2' requested by ':1.36' (uid=1000 pid=527
comm="/gnu/store/wv0dr2lwb5j68qf74syvbzy3jq84cyq1-gnome-") (using servic)
dbus-daemon[353]: [system] Successfully activated service
'org.freedesktop.ColorManager'
dbus-daemon[353]: [system] Successfully activated service
'org.freedesktop.GeoClue2'
[   49.214519] .colord-sane-re[633]: segfault at 30 ip 00007f630bcebbf4 sp
00007ffe1eacf570 error 4 in libpthread-2.26.so[7f630bce2000+19000]
GNOME Shell-Message: Error looking up permission:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.freedesktop.impl.portal.PermissionStore was not provided by any .servics
GNOME Shell-Message: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied:
gnome-shell not allowed to act as agent

(gsd-color:527): color-plugin-WARNING **: failed to get edid: unable to get
EDID for output

(gsd-color:527): color-plugin-WARNING **: unable to get EDID for
xrandr-default: unable to get EDID for output
GNOME Shell started at Sat Mar 17 2018 13:53:57 GMT+0100 (CET)
Gjs-Message: JS WARNING: [resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/workspace.js
1803]: reference to undefined property this._actualGeometryLater
GNOME Shell-Message: Received error from DBus search provider
org.gnome.Epiphany.desktop: Gio.IOErrorEnum: È stato raggiunto il timeout