Subject: bug#30839: closed (Re: bug#30839: Gnome produces lots of errors and warnings)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2022 23:30:03 +0000

Your bug report

#30839: Gnome produces lots of errors and warnings

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
30839: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=30839
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#30839: Gnome produces lots of errors and warnings
From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
To: Catonano <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2022 00:23:54 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

On Thu, 25 Nov 2021 at 00:50, zimoun <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Mar 2018 at 14:18, Catonano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> I used a Qemu based guest in order to show the copious amount of
>> errors and warnings that Gnome produces on GuixSD
>
> Thanks for the report.  Is it still an issue?  Especially with GNOME of
> core-updates-frozen?
>
> After the merge to master, please report again the issue about GNOME.
> Or let close the bug.

Well, I am closing since many issues had been fixed after the last merge
of core-updates.  If I miss something, feel free to reopen [1].

1: <http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/30839>

Cheers,
simon

Subject: Gnome produces lots of errors and warnings
From: Catonano <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2018 14:18:21 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I used a Qemu based guest in order to show the copious amount of errors and
warnings that Gnome produces on GuixSD

Here's the footage
https://youtu.be/CmsCe52m0Ec

And here's the text that I copied and pasted

...
New session c1 of user catonano.
/gnu/store/4pnaffshxik49fnvx2pjd8ks2q76lgyp-xauth-1.0.10/bin/xauth:  file

/home/catonano/.Xauthority does not exist <---- why doesn't this exist ?

error in finalization thread: Successo
[   35.735839] fuse init (API version 7.26)
_IceTransmkdir: ERROR: euid != 0,directory /tmp/.ICE-unix will not be
created.
Mar 17 13:53:51 localhost gnome-keyring-daemon[450]: couldn't access
control socket: /run/user/1000/keyring/control: File o directory non
esistente
** Message: couldn't access control socket: /run/user/1000/keyring/control:
File o directory non esistente
Mar 17 13:53:51 localhost gnome-keyring-daemon[451]: couldn't access
control socket: /run/user/1000/keyring/control: File o directory non
esistente
** Message: couldn't access control socket: /run/user/1000/keyring/control:
File o directory non esistente
Mar 17 13:53:51 localhost gnome-keyring-daemon[452]: couldn't access
control socket: /run/user/1000/keyring/control: File o directory non
esistente
** Message: couldn't access control socket: /run/user/1000/keyring/control:
File o directory non esistente
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/run/user/1000/keyring/ssh
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/run/user/1000/keyring/ssh
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/run/user/1000/keyring/ssh
Gjs-Message: JS WARNING: [resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/main.js 317]:
reference to undefined property global.stage
Gjs-Message: JS WARNING: [resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/layout.js 217]:
reference to undefined property global.window_group
Gjs-Message: JS WARNING:
[resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/osdMonitorLabeler.js 59]: reference to
undefined property Meta.MonitorManager

GNOME Shell-Message: Failed to launch ibus-daemon: Esecuzione del processo
figlio «ibus-daemon» non riuscita (File o directory non esistente)

[the execution of the child process "ibus-daemon" failed]

Gjs-Message: JS WARNING: [resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/slider.js 34]:
reference to undefined property St.GenericAccessible
dbus-daemon[353]: [system] Activating service
name='org.freedesktop.Accounts' requested by ':1.11' (uid=1000 pid=460
comm="/gnu/store/54z2mhvh8adiwx32c6w7f86wia0wi297-gnome-") (using servic)
dbus-daemon[353]: [system] Successfully activated service
'org.freedesktop.Accounts'
dbus-daemon[353]: [system] Activating service
name='org.freedesktop.GeoClue2' requested by ':1.11' (uid=1000 pid=460
comm="/gnu/store/54z2mhvh8adiwx32c6w7f86wia0wi297-gnome-") (using servic)
dbus-daemon[353]: [system] Successfully activated service
'org.freedesktop.GeoClue2'
dbus-daemon[353]: [system] Activating service
name='org.freedesktop.UDisks2' requested by ':1.27' (uid=1000 pid=494
comm="/gnu/store/7c2qaw7s6b1dmy79n0s7wk7hl1j5qlrl-gvfs-1") (using service)
dbus-daemon[353]: [system] Successfully activated service
'org.freedesktop.UDisks2'
Gjs-Message: JS WARNING:
[resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/tweener/tweener.js 540]: reference to
undefined property properties[istr].isSpecialProperty
GNOME Shell-Message: No permission to trigger offline updates:
Polkit.Error: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Action
org.freedesktop.packagekit.trigger-offline-update isd
GNOME Shell-Message: Error loading calendars: Errore nel chiamare
StartServiceByName per org.gnome.Shell.CalendarServer:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildExited: Process or1

(gsd-sharing:538): sharing-plugin-WARNING **: Failed to StopUnit service:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.freedesktop.systemd1 was not provided by any .ss

(gsd-sharing:538): sharing-plugin-WARNING **: Failed to StopUnit service:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.freedesktop.systemd1 was not provided by any .ss

(gsd-sharing:538): sharing-plugin-WARNING **: Failed to StopUnit service:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.freedesktop.systemd1 was not provided by any .ss

(gsd-rfkill:536): rfkill-plugin-WARNING **: Could not open RFKILL control
device, please verify your installation
dbus-daemon[353]: [system] Activating service
name='org.freedesktop.ColorManager' requested by ':1.36' (uid=1000 pid=527
comm="/gnu/store/wv0dr2lwb5j68qf74syvbzy3jq84cyq1-gnome-") (using se)
dbus-daemon[353]: [system] Activating service
name='org.freedesktop.GeoClue2' requested by ':1.36' (uid=1000 pid=527
comm="/gnu/store/wv0dr2lwb5j68qf74syvbzy3jq84cyq1-gnome-") (using servic)
dbus-daemon[353]: [system] Successfully activated service
'org.freedesktop.ColorManager'
dbus-daemon[353]: [system] Successfully activated service
'org.freedesktop.GeoClue2'
[   49.214519] .colord-sane-re[633]: segfault at 30 ip 00007f630bcebbf4 sp
00007ffe1eacf570 error 4 in libpthread-2.26.so[7f630bce2000+19000]
GNOME Shell-Message: Error looking up permission:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.freedesktop.impl.portal.PermissionStore was not provided by any .servics
GNOME Shell-Message: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied:
gnome-shell not allowed to act as agent

(gsd-color:527): color-plugin-WARNING **: failed to get edid: unable to get
EDID for output

(gsd-color:527): color-plugin-WARNING **: unable to get EDID for
xrandr-default: unable to get EDID for output
GNOME Shell started at Sat Mar 17 2018 13:53:57 GMT+0100 (CET)
Gjs-Message: JS WARNING: [resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/workspace.js
1803]: reference to undefined property this._actualGeometryLater
GNOME Shell-Message: Received error from DBus search provider
org.gnome.Epiphany.desktop: Gio.IOErrorEnum: È stato raggiunto il timeout