Subject: bug#30825: Building disk-image fails

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 14:37:24 +0100

Hello,

trying to build a disk image on armhf on guix git has been failing for
a while now with the following, not very informative message:

...
grafting '/gnu/store/l5a4h6hjjdpf5kiny97pn1m5wd04ippp-zile-2.4.14' -> '/gnu/store/0dd0gyjknaycp768bh7ms1bz6vs34jms-zile-2.4.14'...
Creating manual page database...
1141 entries processed in 7.8 s

warning: collision encountered:
/gnu/store/7b068yxm2i08v9nymh96zqmdr7awmd1d-inetutils-1.9.4/bin/ifconfig
/gnu/store/cb4dwqhgjzvpnjcfynqzg6j1lkfnbpc1-net-tools-1.60-0.479bb4a/bin/ifconfig
warning: arbitrarily choosing /gnu/store/7b068yxm2i08v9nymh96zqmdr7awmd1d-inetutils-1.9.4/bin/ifconfig

warning: collision encountered:
/gnu/store/m8f75dsgp3nbzn9nlzilc0pgh70wka02-util-linux-2.31/sbin/nologin
/gnu/store/d7s422nfkydsc2r7wwjzq23qgiw5w9ss-shadow-4.5/sbin/nologin
warning: arbitrarily choosing /gnu/store/m8f75dsgp3nbzn9nlzilc0pgh70wka02-util-linux-2.31/sbin/nologin

warning: collision encountered:
/gnu/store/m8f75dsgp3nbzn9nlzilc0pgh70wka02-util-linux-2.31/share/man/man8/nologin.8.gz
/gnu/store/d7s422nfkydsc2r7wwjzq23qgiw5w9ss-shadow-4.5/share/man/man8/nologin.8.gz
warning: arbitrarily choosing /gnu/store/m8f75dsgp3nbzn9nlzilc0pgh70wka02-util-linux-2.31/share/man/man8/nologin.8.gz
environment variable `PATH' set to `/gnu/store/qh0ipghra0ggh7pnik9hds0qb361hv0k-qemu-minimal-2.11.1/bin:/gnu/store/170l2mhsb0pycki92l7n0ir50hnabq2c-coreutils-8.28/bin'
creating raw image of 1004.70 MiB...
Formatting '/gnu/store/gqv4i2hamajyqzrdlx90yg3wf49jz6ll-disk-image', fmt=raw size=1053507739
Backtrace:
           2 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/50h7i8w32jxfawm8cdry7ingf1n?")
In ./gnu/build/vm.scm:
    163:4  1 (load-in-linux-vm _ #:output _ #:qemu _ #:memory-size _ ?)
In unknown file:
           0 (scm-error misc-error #f "~A ~S" ("qemu failed" "qem?") #)

ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
qemu failed "qemu-system-arm"
builder for `/gnu/store/vd8bx5jd868mnhm0mdj8zgjsvjakzh4y-disk-image.drv' failed with exit code 1
guix system: error: build failed: build of `/gnu/store/vd8bx5jd868mnhm0mdj8zgjsvjakzh4y-disk-image.drv' failed
...

Andreas