Subject: bug#30821: Package unbound fails on hydra but not on berlin.guixsd.org nor locally

From: Björn Höfling <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 20:22:25 +0100

Package 'unbound' was added to gnu/packages/dns.scm with version 1.6.3
in commit

ed690bc9116db3ff269353ea0b16cbca54b045cf

Since then it is failing in Hydra for x86_64 and i686:

https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/unbound-1.6.3.x86_64-linux/all
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/unbound-1.6.8.x86_64-linux/all

https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/unbound-1.6.3.i686-linux/all
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/unbound-1.6.8.i686-linux/all

Tail of log of https://hydra.gnu.org/build/2521795#tabs-summary

LD_PRELOAD=/tmp/nss_preload.so ./unittest
make: *** [Makefile:308: test] Killed
phase `check' failed after 22.8 seconds
builder for `/gnu/store/9nb5pq1k0ckjxa5gd91m8nmfcr7hx95b-unbound-1.6.8.drv' failed with exit code 1
@ build-failed /gnu/store/9nb5pq1k0ckjxa5gd91m8nmfcr7hx95b-unbound-1.6.8.drv - 1 builder for `/gnu/store/9nb5pq1k0ckjxa5gd91m8nmfcr7hx95b-unbound-1.6.8.drv' failed with exit code 1

I locally checked out commit 629daea9818fc585afce557645958b33774f2729
and cannot reproduce this problem.

Also, https://berlin.guixsd.org has it as a substitute (on x86_64 at least).

On armhf, 2 out of 5 builds were successfull:

https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/unbound-1.6.3.armhf-linux/all
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/unbound-1.6.8.armhf-linux/all

At least this one failed with the same error message:

https://hydra.gnu.org/build/2452561/log/raw

Is this a problem of the environment/machine? Out of Memory?

I built it locally 20 times without problems or any memory-peaks.

Björn