Subject: bug#30820: Chunked store references in compiled code break grafting (again)

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 21:59:39 +0100

Hello,

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> Good news!  Commit e288572710250bcd2aa0f69ce88154d98ac69b29 adjusts
>> ‘gcc-strmov-store-file-names.patch’ in ‘core-updates’ to correctly deal
>> with this case:
> […]
>> I built everything about to ‘gcc-final’ in ‘core-updates’.  I checked
>> manually that none of the /gnu/store references in libc-2.26.so were
>> chunked.
>
> Wow, thank you so much for fixing this!

It turned out to be easier than the first time.  ;-)

> Is this an option that we can suggest to the GCC developers to
> officially support?

I don’t know, it’s a Guix-specific hack, and just explaining the
rationale to GCC people may be tricky: they’ll think we’re all mad.  ;-)

Ludo’.