Subject: Re: bug#30815: 26.0.91; unicode right single quote mark with syntax entry of w not respected by forward-word

From: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 19:07:02 -0700

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 6:11 PM, Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]> wrote:
> See `(elisp) Word Motion':
>
>      Characters that belong to different scripts (as defined by
>      `char-syntax-table'), also define a word boundary
>
> and discussion in Bug#10494 which prompted the update of that section.
>
> Hmm, I think I meant `char-script-table', as `char-syntax-table' doesn't
> seem to exist...

Thank you for the pointer. FWIW, I checked the docs of forward-word
which only talks about buffer syntax tables. Perhaps that should
either reference the Word Motion docs or it should also describe the
whole picture.

Also, as I understand the thread it seems like this is "by design" and
there's no good/accepted way to get it to behave as I want without
risking breaking unknown things.