Subject: Re: [bug#30809] [PATCH 2/2] services: Add Gitolite.

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 17:03:47 +0100

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm at a loss regarding what is going on here. I've tried testing on top
> of 8b8978ade and a previous commit, I've also reproduced this on two
> different computers.

Right, I think I've found a work around this problem!

Previously the activation gexp was like:

  #~(let* ...
      (use-modules (ice-9 match)
                   (guix build utils))

      ...

      (match ...
        ))

This seems to break, no idea why, but I think it's something to do with
the mystery of macros in Scheme/Guile.

I had a look at how other services were using primitive-fork, and the
PostgreSQL service does. However, it's activation gexp looks more like:

  #~(begin
      (use-modules (ice-9 match)
                   (guix build utils))

      (let ...
        ...

        (match ...
          )))

So, I switched the gitolite activation phase around to use a begin as
the outer expression (rather than the let*), and it seems to work!

I've sent the patches again.

Chris