Subject: Re: [bug#30809] [PATCH 2/2] services: Add Gitolite.

From: Clément Lassieur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 20:26:14 +0200

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>>> +(define gitolite-setup
>>> +  (match-lambda
>>> +    (($ <gitolite-configuration> package user group home
>>> +                                 rc-file admin-pubkey)
>>> +     #~(let ((user-info (getpwnam #$user)))
>>> +         (use-modules (guix build utils))

-----------------(ice-9 match)----^

>>> +
>>> +         (simple-format #t "guix: gitolite: installing ~A\n" #$rc-file)
>>> +         (copy-file #$rc-file #$(string-append home "/.gitolite.rc"))
>>> +
>>> +         (let ((admin-pubkey #$admin-pubkey)

[...]

>> I have a slight preference for the previous 'match' expression you used
>> before, because it's used elsewhere this way and it requires less code.
>
> While I agree with both your points, I tried for quite a while last
> weekend to get match to work, and couldn't. I couldn't even tell why it
> suddenly wasn't. Unfortunately, Linux panicing when anything fails makes
> debugging the system test a bit tricky.

Maybe you forgot to add the (ice-9 match) module?