Subject: bug#30807: Tramp tests take waaayyy too long and refuse to exit

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2018 10:30:19 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Eli,

>> > Also, why not make the TEST_PRINT_TEST_DURATION=1 the default? It's a
>> > minor hassle to remember to type "make TEST_PRINT_TEST_DURATION=1".
>> 
>> I have no opinion on this. Glenn? Eli?
>
> If tests becoming slow is something that happens a lot, and we want to
> keep track of that, then indeed it sounds like a good idea.
> Otherwise, it's just useless clutter.
>
> Alternatively, maybe we should do this only for certain parts of the
> suite, where this issue pops frequently.

Your message arrived me 5 minutes too late; I've just committed a patch
as proposed by Paul and Glenn.

Let's see how this "clutter" is in the way. If people protest, we still
could apply what you have proposed (make it configurable, again; enable
it by default for suspicious test files; disable it by default for the
other tests).

Best regards, Michael.