Subject: Re: bug#30807: Tramp tests take waaayyy too long and refuse to exit

From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 14:35:31 -0700

On 03/16/2018 09:41 AM, Michael Albinus wrote:
>> On my host the top four tests by time are now the following: could
>> they be sped up or marked expensive?
>>
>> test/lisp/net/tramp-tests.log:44:   passed  36/42
>> tramp-test38-special-characters (13.277773 sec)
>> test/lisp/net/tramp-tests.log:21:   passed  13/42
>> tramp-test11-copy-file (23.924346 sec)
>> test/lisp/net/tramp-tests.log:22:   passed  14/42
>> tramp-test12-rename-file (25.823506 sec)
>> test/lisp/net/tramp-tests.log:33:   passed  25/42
>> tramp-test21-file-links (47.680492 sec)
> This are times counted with TEST_LOAD_EL=yes. I've committed
> 2d0853f62ac65f974f25887f69506bfe923bf14b, which changes the defaults
> (see also README). Rerunning the tests shall show improved timings.

Thanks, I did a 'git pull' and a 'make bootstrap' followed by a 'make 
check' and got better numbers. Here are the top four now:

test/lisp/net/tramp-tests.log:33:   passed  25/42 
tramp-test21-file-links (9.909445 sec)
test/lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-seq-tests.log:13:   passed  12/13 
cl-seq-test-bug24264 (12.105374 sec)
test/lisp/net/tramp-tests.log:44:   passed  36/42 
tramp-test38-special-characters (13.106871 sec)
test/lisp/autorevert-tests.log:3:   passed  1/3 
auto-revert-test00-auto-revert-mode (13.113220 sec)