Subject: bug#30807: Tramp tests take waaayyy too long and refuse to exit

From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 09:03:05 -0700

On 03/15/2018 03:36 AM, Michael Albinus wrote:
> OMG, I'm using "/ssh::" as test directory here. I shouldn't. Pushed a
> fix to the master branch; could you check tramp-archive-tests.el again?

Thanks, the test now succeeds for me. The output now says:

    passed  21/22  tramp-archive-test42-auto-load (1.405318 sec)

On my host the top four tests by time are now the following: could they 
be sped up or marked expensive?

test/lisp/net/tramp-tests.log:44:   passed  36/42 
tramp-test38-special-characters (13.277773 sec)
test/lisp/net/tramp-tests.log:21:   passed  13/42 tramp-test11-copy-file 
(23.924346 sec)
test/lisp/net/tramp-tests.log:22:   passed  14/42 
tramp-test12-rename-file (25.823506 sec)
test/lisp/net/tramp-tests.log:33:   passed  25/42 
tramp-test21-file-links (47.680492 sec)

Also, why not make the TEST_PRINT_TEST_DURATION=1 the default? It's a 
minor hassle to remember to type "make TEST_PRINT_TEST_DURATION=1".