Subject: [PATCH 0/1] Add opencv

From: Björn Höfling <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 17:58:09 +0100

This patch adds OpenCV, a computer vision library.

It combines the basic and contrib algorithms.

Some notes:

The test suite consists of an extra package, weighting 465MB
compressed. It runs very well. I think the size is worth it. It
consists of proprietary things (i.e. lena.jpg). As far as I understand,
that is OK, if it doesn't get in the final src/bin store output. Right?

CPU-optimization: I hope I have done everything right. Reading the
article from Guix HPC a second time helped a lot. So now it should be
compiled with SSE2/NEON being the minimum required instruction set, and
dispatches to other ISAs where available.

Size: Currently I load a bunch of dependencies in and have one
big  package as output. guix size is 1.1 GiB. I slightly have the
feeling someone could ask to split it in several outputs. Though having
one big output was the easiest thing first and I don't know how one
would handle inter-dependencies between the different outputs.

Björn

Björn Höfling (1):
  gnu: Add opencv.

 gnu/packages/image-processing.scm | 186 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 1 file changed, 186 insertions(+)

-- 
2.16.2