Subject: bug#30800: 26.0.91; unknown crash on macos

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 19:52:10 +0000

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 05:57:56PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > From: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 08:39:32 -0700
> > Cc: Alan Third <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> > 
> > I don't know what's going on in the code exactly, but would it be
> > worth it to risk the flicker on older macOS (or people's setups that
> > can repro it if mine just can't) in order to ensure that the
> > represented filename gets set on a frame that is about to be freed?
> 
> I don't know.  I leave it to you, users of macOS, to make that
> decision.  Perhaps the patch you are trying is indeed the best fix
> (assuming it works), given that the problem is less likely to happen
> now.

I would like to revert it if only simplify the code, but I don’t feel
that strongly. It may have been fixed in later releases of 10.10. It
would be nice if someone using 10.10 could check, but I don’t know who
could do that.

It might be worth putting a comment or two in to explain why it’s
using this asynchronous method.

-- 
Alan Third