Subject: bug#30800: 26.0.91; unknown crash on macos

From: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 16:39:52 -0700

Emacs is crashing more often today with this crash. Here is another
trace. Again, it's the `FRAME_NS_VIEW (represented_frame)' that is
crashing:

* thread #1, queue = 'com.apple.main-thread', stop reason =
EXC_BAD_ACCESS (code=1, address=0x0)
  * frame #0: 0x00000001003aadbb emacs`-[EmacsApp
sendEvent:](self=0x00000001018285e0, _cmd="sendEvent:",
theEvent=0x000000011a202f40) at nsterm.m:5449

frame #0: 0x00000001003aadbb emacs`-[EmacsApp
sendEvent:](self=0x00000001018285e0, _cmd="sendEvent:",
theEvent=0x000000011a202f40) at nsterm.m:5449
   5446   if (represented_filename != nil && represented_frame)
   5447     {
   5448       NSString *fstr = represented_filename;
-> 5449       NSView *view = FRAME_NS_VIEW (represented_frame);
   5450 #ifdef NS_IMPL_COCOA
   5451       /* work around a bug observed on 10.3 and later where
   5452          setTitleWithRepresentedFilename does not clear out
previous state
(

    frame #1: 0x00007fff351c0d9d AppKit`-[NSApplication run] + 812
    frame #2: 0x00000001003aaaba emacs`-[EmacsApp
run](self=0x00000001018285e0, _cmd="run") at nsterm.m:5374
    frame #3: 0x00000001003bf7a1
emacs`ns_read_socket(terminal=0x0000000107016430,
hold_quit=0x00007ffeefbf7758) at nsterm.m:4401
    frame #4: 0x000000010017d1f8 emacs`gobble_input at keyboard.c:6909
    frame #5: 0x000000010018384f emacs`get_input_pending(flags=1) at
keyboard.c:6830
    frame #6: 0x00000001001803a6
emacs`detect_input_pending_run_timers(do_display=false) at
keyboard.c:9951
    frame #7: 0x000000010017e0b6 emacs`read_char(commandflag=0,
map=4678764355, prev_event=0, used_mouse_menu=0x00007ffeefbf8157,
end_time=0x0000000000000000) at keyboard.c:2469
    frame #8: 0x000000010017a190
emacs`read_key_sequence(keybuf=0x00007ffeefbf8310, bufsize=30,
prompt=4299522708, dont_downcase_last=false,
can_return_switch_frame=false, fix_current_buffer=false,
prevent_redisplay=false) at keyboard.c:9147
    frame #9: 0x000000010018884a
emacs`read_key_sequence_vs(prompt=4299522708, continue_echo=0,
dont_downcase_last=0, can_return_switch_frame=0, cmd_loop=0,
allow_string=true) at keyboard.c:9840
    frame #10: 0x00000001001885bb
emacs`Fread_key_sequence(prompt=4299522708, continue_echo=0,
dont_downcase_last=0, can_return_switch_frame=0, cmd_loop=0) at
keyboard.c:9913
    frame #11: 0x000000010029b2b8
emacs`funcall_subr(subr=0x0000000100455438, numargs=5,
args=0x00007ffeefbf85d0) at eval.c:2856
    frame #12: 0x0000000100299f2d emacs`Ffuncall(nargs=6,
args=0x00007ffeefbf85c8) at eval.c:2769

unknown

    frame #13: 0x00000001003243cb
emacs`exec_byte_code(bytestr=4560856100, vector=4641979157,
maxdepth=30, args_template=0, nargs=0, args=0x0000000000000000) at
bytecode.c:629
    frame #14: 0x000000010029ba65 emacs`funcall_lambda(fun=4641979301,
nargs=2, arg_vector=0x00007ffeefbf99f0) at eval.c:3052
    frame #15: 0x0000000100299f75 emacs`Ffuncall(nargs=3,
    args=0x00007ffeefbf99e8) at eval.c:2771

ad-Advice-read-key-sequence

    frame #16: 0x00000001002907d2 emacs`Fapply(nargs=3,
args=0x00007ffeefbf99e8) at eval.c:2346
    frame #17: 0x000000010029b0f8
emacs`funcall_subr(subr=0x00000001007b58e8, numargs=3,
args=0x00007ffeefbf99e8) at eval.c:2824
    frame #18: 0x0000000100299f2d emacs`Ffuncall(nargs=4,
    args=0x00007ffeefbf99e0) at eval.c:2769

apply

    frame #19: 0x00000001003243cb
emacs`exec_byte_code(bytestr=4324444556, vector=4642509733,
maxdepth=22, args_template=514, nargs=1, args=0x00007ffeefbfa490) at
bytecode.c:629
    frame #20: 0x000000010029b655 emacs`funcall_lambda(fun=4641978373,
nargs=1, arg_vector=0x00007ffeefbfa490) at eval.c:2970
    frame #21: 0x0000000100299f75 emacs`Ffuncall(nargs=2,
    args=0x00007ffeefbfa488) at eval.c:2771

read-key-sequence

    frame #22: 0x00000001003243cb
emacs`exec_byte_code(bytestr=4560568916, vector=4642277973,
maxdepth=30, args_template=0, nargs=0, args=0x0000000000000000) at
bytecode.c:629
    frame #23: 0x000000010029ba65 emacs`funcall_lambda(fun=4642278229,
nargs=0, arg_vector=0x00007ffeefbfb020) at eval.c:3052
    frame #24: 0x0000000100299f75 emacs`Ffuncall(nargs=1,
    args=0x00007ffeefbfb018) at eval.c:2771

evil-keypress-parser

    frame #25: 0x00000001003243cb
emacs`exec_byte_code(bytestr=4560569572, vector=4642299733,
maxdepth=22, args_template=0, nargs=0, args=0x0000000000000000) at
bytecode.c:629
    frame #26: 0x000000010029ba65 emacs`funcall_lambda(fun=4642299893,
nargs=1, arg_vector=0x00007ffeefbfbb50) at eval.c:3052
    frame #27: 0x0000000100299f75 emacs`Ffuncall(nargs=2,
    args=0x00007ffeefbfbb48) at eval.c:2771

evil-read-motion

    frame #28: 0x00000001003243cb
emacs`exec_byte_code(bytestr=4559603716, vector=4647802117,
maxdepth=30, args_template=0, nargs=0, args=0x0000000000000000) at
bytecode.c:629
    frame #29: 0x000000010029ba65 emacs`funcall_lambda(fun=4647802725,
nargs=1, arg_vector=0x00007ffeefbfc7a8) at eval.c:3052
    frame #30: 0x0000000100299f75 emacs`Ffuncall(nargs=2,
    args=0x00007ffeefbfc7a0) at eval.c:2771

evil-operator-range

    frame #31: 0x00000001003243cb
emacs`exec_byte_code(bytestr=4560742708, vector=4642983765,
maxdepth=22, args_template=0, nargs=0, args=0x0000000000000000) at
bytecode.c:629
    frame #32: 0x000000010031f15c emacs`Fbyte_code(bytestr=4560742708,
vector=4642983765, maxdepth=22) at bytecode.c:321
    frame #33: 0x0000000100284224 emacs`eval_sub(form=4642959219) at eval.c:2240
    frame #34: 0x000000010028c3cd emacs`Feval(form=4642959219,
lexical=0) at eval.c:2054
    frame #35: 0x000000010027b2f3
emacs`Fcall_interactively(function=339231936, record_flag=0,
keys=4427386789) at callint.c:357
    frame #36: 0x000000010029b231
emacs`funcall_subr(subr=0x00000001007b52e8, numargs=3,
args=0x00007ffeefbfdf30) at eval.c:2849
    frame #37: 0x0000000100299f2d emacs`Ffuncall(nargs=4,
    args=0x00007ffeefbfdf28) at eval.c:2769

call-interactively

    frame #38: 0x00000001003243cb
emacs`exec_byte_code(bytestr=4300314780, vector=4300314813,
maxdepth=54, args_template=4102, nargs=1, args=0x00007ffeefbfeaa8) at
bytecode.c:629
    frame #39: 0x000000010029b655 emacs`funcall_lambda(fun=4300314733,
nargs=1, arg_vector=0x00007ffeefbfeaa0) at eval.c:2970
    frame #40: 0x0000000100299f75 emacs`Ffuncall(nargs=2,
    args=0x00007ffeefbfea98) at eval.c:2771

command-execute

    frame #41: 0x000000010029aa44 emacs`call1(fn=13920,
arg1=339231936) at eval.c:2620
    frame #42: 0x0000000100179204 emacs`command_loop_1 at keyboard.c:1482
    frame #43: 0x000000010028b0df
emacs`internal_condition_case(bfun=(emacs`command_loop_1 at
keyboard.c:1259), handlers=18672, hfun=(emacs`cmd_error at
keyboard.c:938)) at eval.c:1332
    frame #44: 0x000000010018e2fc emacs`command_loop_2(ignore=0) at
keyboard.c:1110
    frame #45: 0x000000010028a898 emacs`internal_catch(tag=47520,
func=(emacs`command_loop_2 at keyboard.c:1106), arg=0) at eval.c:1097
    frame #46: 0x0000000100177cf8 emacs`command_loop at keyboard.c:1089
    frame #47: 0x0000000100177b60 emacs`recursive_edit_1 at keyboard.c:695
    frame #48: 0x0000000100177e98 emacs`Frecursive_edit at keyboard.c:766
    frame #49: 0x0000000100175af3 emacs`main(argc=1,
argv=0x00007ffeefbff348) at emacs.c:1713
    frame #50: 0x00007fff5f500115 libdyld.dylib`start + 1
    frame #51: 0x00007fff5f500115 libdyld.dylib`start + 1