Subject: 27.0.50; Getting 'char-displayable-p: Invalid hash table rehash size: 1.0' when starting emacs -Q

From: Mats Lidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 23:12:18 +0100

Hi,

Getting the error message 'char-displayable-p: Invalid hash table rehash
size: 1.0' when starting emacs -Q.

If started with no window system ' emacs -nw' the problems does not
occure. (This email is prepared from that state.)

Older version of emacs ie 26.0.50 shows the same behavior on the same
system. Problem occured after upgrade of the OS and not after rebuild of
emacs. The problems remains when rebuilding emacs.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.26)
of 2018-03-11 built on barnacle
Repository revision: 0965d94ca426765382f366bf48f88ba5f9500afd
System Description: Gentoo/Linux

Configured using:
'configure --prefix=/home/matsl --without-pop --with-mailutils'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS
LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 THREADS
LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
value of $LC_MONETARY: sv_SE.UTF-8
value of $LC_NUMERIC: sv_SE.UTF-8
value of $LC_TIME: sv_SE.UTF-8
value of $LANG: sv_SE.UTF-8
value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
treemacs-git-mode: extended
global-company-mode: t
company-mode: t
helm-mode: t
helm-autoresize-mode: t
desktop-save-mode: t
dired-omit-mode: t
diff-auto-refine-mode: t
magit-auto-revert-mode: t
global-git-commit-mode: t
savehist-mode: t
global-undo-tree-mode: t
delete-selection-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t
save-place-mode: t
display-time-mode: t
async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
shell-dirtrack-mode: t
cl-old-struct-compat-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
buffer-read-only: t
size-indication-mode: t
column-number-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/matsl/src/hyperbole/hyrolo hides ~/.emacs.d/elisp/etc/hyrolo

Features:
(shadow sort bbdb-message mailalias hsmail mail-extr emacsbug winner
eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe help-fns radix-tree thingatpt
helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval edebug helm-info term/xterm xterm
treemacs-mode treemacs-persist treemacs-interface
treemacs-mouse-interface treemacs-tag-follow-mode treemacs-follow-mode
treemacs-filewatch-mode treemacs-tags treemacs-faces
treemacs-branch-creation treemacs-async treemacs-visuals imenu
treemacs-structure treemacs-impl treemacs-macros treemacs-customization
pfuture ace-window avy ht f magit-bookmark bookmark pp hl-line hydra lv
s vc-dispatcher elec-pair vc-git autoinsert python tramp-sh dired-aux
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags xref project
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic
company-eclim company-template company-bbdb company pcase helm-mode
helm-files helm-buffers helm-tags helm-locate helm-grep helm-regexp
helm-utils helm-help helm-types helm-config helm-easymenu helm
helm-source eieio-compat helm-multi-match helm-lib site-gentoo
hib-ashell ashell desktop frameset dmacro bbdb-mua bbdb-com smtpmail
sendmail dired-x solar cal-dst holidays hol-loaddefs vc-hg appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs org-agenda org-install calendar-swe
magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-bisect magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-collab ghub let-alist
magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode diff-mode magit-core
magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-process magit-margin
magit-mode git-commit magit-git magit-section magit-utils crm
magit-popup log-edit message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log with-editor cl-extra help-mode
server dash savehist hyperbole hinit hibtypes hib-doc-id hsys-www klink
subr-x hib-kbd hib-social hib-debbugs hsys-org org-element avl-tree
generator org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat
org-macs org-loaddefs find-func hactypes hui-mini hui hui-menu
hyrolo-menu hyrolo google-contacts xml url-cache google-oauth oauth2
warnings url-http tls gnutls url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history mailcap url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-gw nsm rmc puny plstore epg bbdb bbdb-site timezone hmail hui-jmenu
noutline outline easy-mmode hmouse-sh hui-mouse hui-window pulse
hycontrol hmouse-key hargs hypb locate dired dired-loaddefs hmouse-drv
hsettings hui-em-but hbut hact hpath hhist hbdata htz cal-julian
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs hbmap hmoccur browse-url hui-select hvar
set hversion hload-path hyperbole-autoloads kotl-autoloads undo-tree
diff edmacro kmacro iso-transl delsel time-date matsl-theme paren
saveplace time async-bytecomp async cus-start cus-load tramp trampver
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs ucs-normalize shell pcomplete comint
ansi-color ring parse-time format-spec advice mule-util finder-inf info
package easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars
seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 478110 44903)
(symbols 48 45447 2)
(miscs 40 237 624)
(strings 32 120967 5885)
(string-bytes 1 3976593)
(vectors 16 71645)
(vector-slots 8 1092043 22456)
(floats 8 606 665)
(intervals 56 4699 408)
(buffers 992 34))