Subject: bug#30785: Man pages truncated, repeated

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2019 23:32:12 +0100

Hello!

Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Apparently, man-db has groff-minimal as a regular input, so I guess we are lucky.
> So we could adapt groff-minimal only if we wanted to.
>
> But that would mean that even after that, the "groff" package would still
> contain a memory corruption bug in preconv - which is arguably a security
> problem.  Should we use grafts instead?

Though in practice we don’t do much with ‘groff’ itself, unless users
explicitly install it and use it, right?  I’m leaning towards fixing it
in ‘core-updates’.

> From adc9e7940b54e467732ec923c6a3fcec810dce48 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2019 15:00:04 +0100
> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: groff-minimal: Disable relocatability.
> Tags: patch
>
> * gnu/packages/groff.scm (groff-minimal)[arguments]<#:phases>
> [disable-relocatability]: New phase.

Please add the “Fixes” line in the log.  Otherwise LGTM (I like the
description of the bug ;-)).

Thanks!

Ludo’.