Subject: bug#30785: Man pages truncated, repeated

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 23:01:09 +0100

Ludo',

On 2018-03-13 22:34, [email-masked] wrote:
>> However, even longer man pages such as bash(1) render without fail, so
>> there might be something special about the two examples above that
>> triggers this behaviour.
> 
> I suspect something wrong with ‘knot.conf.5.gz’, but I don’t have
> tangible evidence.

Yup, that's about as far as I got before giving up and submitting to the 
wisdom of the crowd. We need someone who knows something — anything — 
about man pages, or someone who can reproduce this on another distro. I 
had no luck searching for similar bug reports.

...or do you mean with the knot.conf page *specifically*, as opposed to 
the rofi one? Is your suspicion based on something you saw in there?

It's not the .gz part: opening the uncompressed page with man directly 
has the same result.

--

For the record: apparently this doesn't happen on Debian, according to 
some fellow on IRC named ‘civodul’. There goes my brief hope that this 
was an (exclusively) upstream problem after all.

Kind regards,

T G-R

Sent from a Web browser. Excuse or enjoy my brevity.