Subject: 25.3; server-delete-client:X protocol error using Lucid

From: stef204 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2018 12:12:30 -0600

Using --with-x-toolkit=lucid results in error:

server-delete-client: X protocol error: BadFont (invalid Font parameter)
on protocol request 46

one of the results is that the command server-edit no longer works as
expected; it does not exit cleanly.  One has to resort to Ctrl+c to get
the terminal back which leaves the server buffer open.

In GNU Emacs 25.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2018-03-11 built on user
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11906000
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-xft --with-modules
 --without-pop --with-sound=no --without-gconf --without-gsettings
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe
 -fstack-protector-strong' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK GPM DBUS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS
LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11
MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8

Major mode: Messages

Minor modes in effect:
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  window-number-meta-mode: t
  window-number-mode: t
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-local-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  helm-descbinds-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  helm-autoresize-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  wc-mode: t
  my-global-wc-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  beacon-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: (only . t)
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading /home/user/.emacs.d/recentf...done
Cleaning up the recentf list...done (0 removed)
All done, user.
Starting Emacs daemon.
When done with a buffer, type C-x #
C-x C-g is undefined
server-delete-client: X protocol error: BadFont (invalid Font parameter) on protocol request 46
When done with this frame, type C-x 5 0
Mark set
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only
Quit

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/lisp/dash hides /home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/dash-20180206.2124/dash
~/.emacs.d/lisp/custom hides /usr/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/custom
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/seq-20151028.759/seq hides /usr/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/seq
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/let-alist-1.0.5/let-alist hides /usr/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/let-alist

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr warnings emacsbug message idna format-spec rfc822
mml mml-sec epg mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mail-utils helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval edebug helm-info colir
cycle-buffer two-column iso-transl ido dired server flycheck-haskell
haskell-cabal haskell-utils company-files company-keywords
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-capf company-nxml flycheck
json map find-func subr-x dash .emacs elec-pair multi-term term
disp-table ehelp window-number whitespace rainbow-delimiters
company-quickhelp pos-tip company paren tbemail rx which-key undo-tree
diff savehist helm-descbinds recentf tree-widget wid-edit helm-mode
helm-files helm-buffers helm-tags helm-locate helm-grep helm-regexp
helm-utils helm-help helm-types helm-config helm-easymenu async-bytecomp
helm helm-source eieio-compat helm-multi-match helm-lib async
multiple-cursors mc-hide-unmatched-lines-mode mc-separate-operations
rectangular-region-mode mc-mark-pop mc-mark-more mc-cycle-cursors
mc-edit-lines multiple-cursors-core rect winner ring wc-mode easy-mmode
my_alias edmacro kmacro hl-line hlinum linum smart-mode-line-dark-theme
smart-mode-line rich-minority beacon hc-zenburn-theme ivy delsel
ivy-overlay ffap thingatpt url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core
gnus-util time-date mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars
cus-start cus-load word-perfect-theme moe-theme powerline advice
powerline-separators color powerline-themes finder-inf info cl-seq
cl-macs cl package epg-config seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 383702 270242)
 (symbols 48 38594 13)
 (miscs 40 263 996)
 (strings 32 91143 104622)
 (string-bytes 1 2799545)
 (vectors 16 39044)
 (vector-slots 8 739069 103244)
 (floats 8 617 1942)
 (intervals 56 825 812)
 (buffers 976 24))