Subject: [bug#30765] [PATCH] gnu: qtox: Propagate qtsvg and fix misplaced comma (unquote).

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 16:00:16 +0100

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello Diego,
>
> Diego Nicola Barbato <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> This patch fixes an issue where qTox failed to display some icons by
>> moving qtsvg to propagated-inputs.
>> I also took the liberty of fixing a misplaced comma (unquote).
>
> The patch LGTM, but can you explain why propagating qtsvg allows icons
> to be displayed?

There is some discussion about this in <https://bugs.gnu.org/29905>.

In short, the problem is that Qt icons hide under the search path
QT_PLUGIN_PATH, which is not automatically set up for dependent programs
(see <https://bugs.gnu.org/22138>).

Diego: can you try to wrap qTox as in commit
990e93fce16a83e1603b9ec28123ec3edc7ea787 instead of propagating?

TIA!