Subject: Re: bug#30758: 25.3; Cannot exit minibuffer with C-g when opening file or switching buffers

From: Tim Fischbach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 13:14:45 +0000

Interesting. I did not know about view-lossage.

<f1> c C-g just briefly displays "Quit" and exits minibuffer. When running
"emacs -nw -Q" from a terminal, the same key is described correctly as
keyboard-quit.

After trying to exit C-x C-f with C-g, nothing shows up in view-lossage.
When I hold C-g for a couple of seconds, focus goes back to the buffer as
expected and "C-g [abort-recursive-edit]" shows up in view-lossage.

When hitting C-g while inside a buffer, view-lossage displays "C-g
[keyboard-quit]" correctly, though, which I would not expect if Ubuntu kept
Emacs from receiving keyboard events correctly.

On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 at 02:12 Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Tim Fischbach <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > Unfortunately that option was already disabled on my system. But it
> > has to be something like this.
>
> Does describe-key-briefly (<f1> c C-g), or view-lossage (<f1> l) suggest
> that Emacs can recognize the C-g, or does it see some other keystroke?
>